Thursday, September 25, 2014

Book It Reading Program starts October 1st


PLEASE CHECK YOUR CHILD'S TAKE HOME FOLDER FOR THE BOOK IT READING PROGRAM INFORMATION.
Any reading your child does independently, with you or with your family counts!
I am a huge advocate of reading at home. I have so many fond memories reading with my own children.  I get to relive those memories every time I pick up a Magic Treehouse book or a Robert Munsch book (and many many others).  I am sure your children will tell you that "Ms. M&M always cries when she reads to us."  Well....not always, but so many of the books that I now read to your children I read to my own children.  Reading those books invokes fond memories and when I look into your children's eyes while reading those books I can see my own children.  It is a tender moment for me and I grow to love your children more each time I read to them.  Likewise, my own children have fond memories and we still share conversations about certain "favorite" books.  My children learned to love to read because I loved to read to them.
I want your children to love to read because I read to them!
I want your children to love to read because you read to them!
This Book It Program is, in part, a way to jump start that effort at home.
I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment